Rayshaun ThompsonSub is a great and useful tool and comes in handy when needing to layer bold bass into your mix. I use it to beef up the lower end of my strings. I also used it on my latest film "Theseus" and will definitely be using it in future projects again.
Paul MatthewI have already used Sub on some of my tracks and it is great at filling in those little gaps in electronic music where a little undertone or bass is needed. It also works well when layering basslines or adding a little sub underneath a particular sound. Sub is a useful tool that can be applied to many different styles of music.
Terry JonesI have been looking for a simple low-end solution to my mix problems for some time and Sub came along and fitted the bill perfectly. It is a very handy tool to have in the box.
Normally, you would use a generic sine wave generator but probably you will run into one or more of the following problems:
- you cannot play a part since you have to automate the pitch by hand
- the only way to shape the sound of the sine wave (AHDSR) is by using additional plugins or effects
- if you want to know the frequency value of a speicific pitch, you have to look it up in a chart
- a generic sine wave generator is monophonic, you cannot add an additional octave to the sub tone
- it is quite complicated to cover different articulations of an instrument like legato, spiccato, etc. …
If you are looking for a solution to these problems, Sub is for you! Use it, abuse it and please share your work with us.
About the v1.5 update
The update really enhances the functions and features of Sub 1.0 to a great extent. Inspired by the feedback of our users we made this tool even more versatile.
- we added three new wave forms: sawtooth, square and triangle
- each channel can have its own dedicated wave form
- total control of high-cut and low-cut on every channel
- we doubled the number of presets, now including new “gritty” patches
- Perfect for adding sub frequencies to your audio productions. Let it be a kick drum, sound effects, a bass part, or even low strings. With the right amount of low frequencies, your tracks sound more professional!
- 10 different .nki files for dedicated instruments or applications: Basses, Drums, Percussions, Sound FX and Orchestral Strings.
- Create drops, risers or falls over 2 full octaves using the Pitchbend.
- 4 individual channels: Sub, Bass, 5th, Octave! Next to sub frequencies, you may add additional frequencies. ‘Bass’ is one octave above ‘Sub’, ’5th’ is a perfect 5th above ‘Bass’ and ‘Octave’ is perfect octave above ‘Bass’.
- 4 different wave forms: every channel can have its own wave form; choose from sine, sawtooth, square or triangle.
- Every channel offers separate control over volume, AHDSR, low-cut and high-cut. This enables you to add low end and even more focus to you tracks.
- Pitch detection: Incoming midi notes are translated into frequency values. When a channel is active, the frequency will be displayed automatically. This is very helpful for further processing with other audio plugins like EQs.
- Preset menu: every .nki file offers 8 predefined presets and 4 custom user slots via keyswitch.
- full retail version of NI Kontakt v5.3 or higher is requiered
- PC 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM or MAC 2.6Ghz, 4GB RAM
- ability to download
- up to 40 MB of harddrive space
- the downloaded files are in .zip archive format;
for Windows users: http://www.win-rar.com/download.html
for Mac users (OSX): http://www.unrarx.com
- 10 .nki files for dedicated instruments
- 4 channels with volume, AHDSR, low-cut and high-cut control
- pitch detection
- integrated preset menu
- ultra-low CPU and RAM usage
- 25 MB uncompressed .wav format
- sample resolution: 44,1kHz / 24bit / stereo