Michael Hsiang Lee
Intuitive, mysterious and instant inspiration in every patch! From leads to percussive hits, I've only just scratched the surface.
I am a big fan of harmonics in general. Even when used in a very subtle way they have a great quality to it. audiowiesel's Harmonics is a great tool which I use often in my projects.
Super-expressive and unique library! Lots of unexpected sounds are possible with some tweaking (which the interface encourages!)
In Harmonics you will find samples from three different instruments:
Electric guitar, electric ukulele and electric bass.
We used two separate positions on each string (7th and 12th fret) to give you a variety of sounds. You can even combine or randomize the samples in different ways.
Most of the time we use Harmonics as a layering tool to create more depth and width in a track. Therefore, we included 12 hand-made profiles to shape your own favourite sound. Over 44 different nki-files give you many starting points about how to implement Harmonics into your mix. And if you prefer using your own spatial tools, simply switch over to the dry samples within just one mouse click (or even use dry and wet channels at the same time). Also, the dry sounds really work great in combination with virtual guitar amps (like IK Multimedia AmpliTube, NI Guitar Rig or Waves GTR).
As bonus content we included 4 special patches for doubling pizzicatos in the string choir (or even short notes). Those patches respect the true playing range of the strings and come with their own profiles in order to match the placement and depth of the seating in a symphonic orchestra. But again, those patches are not intended to replace any strings sample library but to enhance them (because sometimes you just need to sound differently).
Important note: In order to use Harmonics you have to have the full version of Native Instruments‘ Kontakt 5.3 (or higher). This library does not work with the free Kontakt Player.
- contains samples from electric bass, electric guitar and electric ukulele
- two positions on each string of each instrument with 21x robin notes
- over 44 presets to get inspired from
- use different sound sources and combine all of them freely by using the „Harmonics All“ patch; even randomize your sound sources
- total control over ADR
- 12 different hand-made profiles on each regular patch / 4 bonus profiles for doubling strings in the orchestra (violins, violas, cellos, basses)
- use ping-pong-pan to make the sound move around
- 3.834 samples in .ncw format / total size of 765 MB on harddisk drive
- 44.1kHz / 24bit / stereo
- full retail version of NI Kontakt v5.3 or higher is requiered
- PC 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM or MAC 2.6Ghz, 4GB RAM
- ability to download
- up to 1 GB of harddrive space
- the downloaded files are in .zip archive format;
for Windows users: http://www.win-rar.com/download.html
for Mac users (OSX): http://www.unrarx.com